Do you love the taste of a fresh out of the oven warm muffin as much as I do? Even if you love muffins, you are probably aware by now that most muffins actually contain the same amount (or more!) calories as a doughnut. The best way to avoid store bought muffins with hidden sugar and high calorie counts is to make your own. These low calorie blueberry banana muffins are made with greek yogurt and the perfect clean snack. With only 184 calories and 5 grams of protein per muffin, you can whip up a batch of these bad boys and have them on hand for healthy snacking whenever you need them.
You have #noexcuses for not snacking clean because these low calorie blueberry banana muffins are so unbelievably easy to make!
TIP: Make a few batches and then store them in the freezer!
Low Calorie Blueberry Banana Muffins
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups white-whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs and brown sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix in the Greek yogurt, pure vanilla extract, and unsweetened coconut milk.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in with the wet ingredients.
- Mix all ingredients together
- Stir in 1¼ cup of blueberries.
- Pour the batter into a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Drop the rest of the blueberries on top of each of the muffins
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in the center of a muffin and some crumbs stick to it.
- Let cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and then finish cooling on a wire rack.
Serving size: 1 muffin Calories: 184 Fat: 1 Saturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 39 Fiber: 4 Protein: 5
Want more healthy muffin ideas? Click the links below for more recipes:
Great Tasting Energy Muffins
Blueberry Quinoa Muffins
Chocolate Protein Muffins