Christmas is a time of year when people tend to loosen the leash a little bit in their regular diet, allowing for a few more indulgences. January is then a time when everyone wants to get back into shape and work off those “holiday pounds”.
If you have a loved one who is a fitness fanatic or is going to be starting a new fitness regimen in the New Year, here are some great gift ideas they will love. These are items I use on an almost daily basis to keep fit and highly recommend everyone add them to their “fitness toolbox”.
TOP TWELVE GIFT IDEAS (Things I can’t live without):
1. GymBoss Interval Timer – Available online for $19.95 and has many great features for timing workout intervals during cardio, strength, boxing, or circuit training etc.
2. TRX Suspension Trainer – Great piece of equipment to perform body weight and core exercises, also packs up small for those who travel a lot. Available for $199.95
2. Skipping Rope – Very cheap and easy to cart around. Skipping is one of the best forms of cardio training for burning lots of calories fast!
3. Heart Rate Monitor- Monitor exercise intensity and ensure you are keeping within your target heart rate throughout a workout, some also count calories burned.
4. Stability Ball –Great to keep at home or the office to sneak in a quick workout (they come in 3 sizes 55cm, 65cm, and 75cm).
5. Apple IPod Nano- Small and light weight with a built in clip, so you can clip it onto your clothes and not worry about it during your workout.
6. Yoga Mat-Great to have for home workouts or to take with you to any yoga or boot camp class that is starting up in the New Year.
7. Doorway Pull Up Bar-Attaches to most doorways inside or outside and they are great for building upper body strength during at home workouts.
8. Resistance Band Set- A good take anywhere fitness product and can provide a great full body workout for someone at any fitness level. They come in many different tension levels anywhere from extra light to super duper heavy, so anyone can make use of them.
9. Push Up Handles- Push ups are essential to any strength training program and these handles allow for full extension range and put less strain on the wrists.
10. Medicine Ball- Available in a range from 3lbs to 25lbs and are great to keep at home for full body and core workouts.
11. Foam Roller – Anyone who works out on a regular basis get’s tight and sore muscles at some point. This little gem is great for self massage and myofascial release of tight muscles!
12. LuLuLemon – My favorite brand of workout clothes and I think if you have nice workout clothes, you are more motivated to hit the gym to show them off! Whether it is a piece of clothing or a gift card, any avid gym go-er will enjoy the gift of Lululemon
Email Michelle@CORE-Condition.com for more great fitness gift ideas.
Michelle Roots BA KIN, CSCS, PES