Yes you read the title correctly! These brownie are the perfect little snack to kill a sweet tooth or craving without doing too much damage to your figure
Here’s What You Need:
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 coconut oil (melted)
- 1/3 cup raw honey (could also use agave or sugar-free maple syrup)
- 3 TBSP coconut flour
- 2 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 Tsp baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Optional: semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
Here’s What You Do:
- Bake the sweet potato by using one of two options: preheat the oven to 425 degrees, use a fork to puncture holes all around it and pop it in the oven for 25-30 minutes. You could also use the microwave by placing it in a microwavable glass dish for about 4-5 minutes each side.
- Once the sweet potato is soft and cooked all the way through, peel of the skin and mash it up in a bowl. Then if you used the oven to bake the potato, turn the oven down to 350 degrees.
- Next add your wet ingredients: coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and whisked eggs to the bowl and mix it all together.
- Then you will add your dry ingredients: coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt (if you are adding chocolate chips also add them in this step)
- Mix it all together to make sure the sweet potato really get’s mixed up with all the other goodness. (use a food processor if you like also)
- Pour into an 8 x 8 glass backing dish
- Bake for 30-35 minutes and then remove from oven to let it cool down for a bit.
- ENJOY & try not to eat the whole tray!
TIP: Once they are cool you can store them in the fridge, or baggy up the individual portions and store them in the freezer
Try them out and feel free to alter the recipe to your taste. If you come up with any great and tasty ways to alter this recipe, please let me know!
In Good Health
Michelle Roots BA Kin, CSCS, PES, PN1